How do I practically study the Bible? (Leader's Guide)
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV) All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
- Ephesians 6:17 & Hebrews 4:12
- Sword that discerns/test our thoughts and motives
- Psalm 119:105
- God's word guides us
- James 1:22 & Matthew 7:24-27
- Putting the Bible into practice
What is "scripture"? When we read it, what weight does it have?
- Scripture is God's words
- It has the same weight as if God were directly speaking to us
What is scripture useful for? How does this play out practically?
- Teaching, rebuking, correcting, training in righteousness, guiding, testing our thoughts/motives, etc...
- Talk about specific scenarios were we can or have used scripture to make life choices
How do I study scripture? What personal habits do I need to set to study it?
- SOAP (one possible way)
- Set specific habits (ex. I read for 15 minutes when I wake up in the morning)